paraCraft plugin for Rhino3D
paraCraft is a Rhino3D plugin that supports the design and evaluation of planing hulls. With paraCraft you can:
Parametrically design hard chine planing hulls in Rhino3D
- Create planing hull geometry with 21 design parameters
- Supports hard chine planing hulls with or without chine flat, with constant deadrise or warped bottom. Side curvature can be modeled.
- Generate basic hull curves as well as stations and waterlines. Combined with Rhino3D tools a 2D lines plan can be easily created.
- Generate hull surfaces and evaluate their curvature.
- Save/Open parameter files.
Evaluate and analyze the parametric design
- Build-in hydrostatics. Results include displacement, CB, LCF, water plane area, BM and coefficients of form (Cb, Cp, Cm) for a specified design draught.
- Build-in resistance and running trim angle estimation using the Savitsky method or Series 62 systematic series regression.
- Hydrostatic values and resistance results are updated as design parameters are changed.
Optimize design parameters using Genetic Algorithms
paraCraft plugin is capable of automatically choosing optimum parameter values (chine beam and deadrise angle) by solving multi objective optimization problems. Optimization feature to be released soon.
paraCraft plugin requires Rhino3D (www.rhino3d.com) version 5, 6 or 7 running on Microsoft Windows 10. Other versions may work but it has not been tested. paraCraft will not work with Mac versions of Rhino3D.
You can download an evaluation copy paraCraft plugin at the food4Rhino repository here.
Evaluation copies run for limited times. You can purchase a license here.